I have a lot on my plate right now.
- I am finishing out my school year (teacher).
- I am buying a home (I was able to get a great deal in a great location, the house was in foreclosure but still in pretty good shape).
- I am moving into my home at the end of this month.
- I am putting in new windows, painting several rooms, and tearing out the carpet…possibly tiling too if I can afford it.
- I am going back to school to become endorsed in English as a Second Language (ESL).
- And I am possibly going to work summer school (I still have not heard if I got the job. Summer school is pretty competitive).
- And…if I do get summer school I will have to find daycare for Lincoln because Uncle Mike is leaving.
All of this is happening within the next three weeks.
And instead of thinking about all that, I have instead been wishing for a dog…
Not smart, I know, but I can’t help it.
I just feel like every kid should have a pet, and every single mom needs a good guard dog 🙂
I did have a dog when Lincoln was first born. Lucy was my little wiener dog that my ex husband and I had welcomed into our home when we were first married. I found it pretty tough to give Lucy all of the attention she needed and still take care of Lincoln. Plus Lucy is a very, very needy dog. She always wanted to be on your lap, she would get so excited to see you she would pee all over the floor, and she never stopped barking. And not just any bark, she has this shrill high pitched “I’m 12 pounds but I am still going to kick your ass” bark.
So I started thinking about giving Lucy away, she just didn’t have a good spot in our changing family. Fortunatly my parents were willing to take Lucy and she LOVES her new home.
But…now I want a new dog.
Am I crazy?
I want a big dog. A dog that Linc can grow up with and a dog that can serve as our “man of the house.”
I have been looking at adoption. I want an older dog, who is calm, friendly, and good with children. I also want a dog who will not bark a lot and is already house trained.
My mom says that if I want a dog again I should take Lucy back, but I really don’t think that she is a good dog for this family. I think we need an old man dog. A dog that sits still while Linc yanks on his ears. And a dog that looks scary when people come up to my house selling stuff.
What should I do? I want to wait until after I move in, but any other words of advice? Am I crazy?